Cork County Council’s Planning Policy Unit (PPU) have prepared a Variation No.1 to the County Development Plan (CDP) 2014 to make consequential changes to the CDP on foot of the adoption of the 8 Municipal District Local Area Plans.
The purpose of the variation is to;
Part A: Update Volume One Main Policy Material, Chapter 2 Core Strategy of the County Development Plan to reflect the revised housing supply figures, approach to Active Land Management and the Metropolitan Cork Strategic Land Reserve arising from the adoption of the Municipal District Local Area Plans, 2017.
Part B: Include Consequential Changes to Volume One Main Policy Material, Chapter 7, Town Centres and Retail, Chapter 10 Transport and Mobility, Chapter 11, Water Services, Surface Water and Waste, and Chapter 14, Zoning and Land Use, of Volume 1 of the Plan, arising from the adoption of the Municipal District Local Area Plans, 2017.
The Proposed Variation of the County Development Plan consists of 2 Volumes set out as follows:-
- Volume 1: Proposed Variation which is available on hard-copy or on-line.
- Volume 2: Environmental Reports (which includes the SEA Screening Report including Strategic Flood Risk Assessment and the Natura Impact Screening Report) – which is only available on-line at www.corkcocodevplan.com
Volume 1 Proposed Variation (hard-copy or electronic format) together with Volume 2 (electronic format only), may be inspected by the public, each working day, (exclusive of public holidays), from Friday 27th October, 2017 to Friday 24thNovember, 2017 inclusive between the hours of 9.30am and 4.00pm at the following locations
· Planning Department, Floor 1 County Hall, Cork.
· Planning Department, Norton House, Cork Rd., Skibbereen,
· Cork County Council Divisional Office at Annabella, Mallow
· County Library and Branch Libraries – Please check your local library regarding opening times and availability of PCs for accessing electronic format
· Online at www.corkcocodevplan.com at all times.
The Proposed Variation is also available to purchase – Enquiries to the Planning Policy Unit (Tel: 021 4285900).
Submissions or observations regarding Proposed Variation No.1 of the Cork County Development Plan, 2014 are hereby invited from members of the public, children, or groups or associations representing the interests of children and other interested parties during the period Friday 27th October 2017 to Friday 24th November 2017.
Submissions may be made in either of the following two ways:
•On-line via http://www.corkcocodevplan.
com/ following the instructions provided
•In written form to the Senior Planner, Planning Policy Unit, Cork County Council, Floor 13, County Hall, Cork. T12R2NC
Cork County Council regrets that for technical reasons, submissions made by e-mail cannot be accepted.