CORK COUNTY PPN
As you may be aware Cork County Public Participation Network (PPN) replaced Cork County Council’s Community & Voluntary forum in 2015. Cork County PPN is intended to act as the main means by which Cork County Council communicates with the community & voluntary sector in relation to matters such as:
· Plan-making - LECP, County Development Plans & Municipal District Plans.
· Policy-making - The 8 Strategic Policy-Making Committees (SPCs) of Cork County Council and Cork County Joint Policing Committee.
· Funding Opportunities - LEADER funding, Cork County Council Grants & Funds, & any other National, European or Local funding streams that we are made aware of.
· Training Events – Community and Enterprise related training for voluntary groups, businesses and individuals run either by Cork County Council or by external bodies such as the Local Development Companies or Enterprise Ireland.
· Public Consultations – Statutory & non-statutory consultations with communities in relation to Council policies, plans and strategies.
The range of groups registered with Cork County PPN is diverse and includes Tidy Towns groups, Sports Clubs, Environmental organisations, Heritage Groups, Community Councils and Social Inclusion advocacy groups. (You can register your group with CORK COUNTY PPN by clicking HERE. )
With this in mind, Cork County PPN has been working on procuring access to an innovative Social Media tool that has been developed specifically to cater for all types of Community & Voluntary Groups, Social Inclusion Groups and Environment groups.
NEW ONLINE RESOURCE FOR GROUPS
This Social Media tool is similar to Facebook in that it provides an online space for organisations to build a profile and presence.
However, its functionality also allows groups to:
ü form online discussion groups
ü connect with other organisations / community groups
ü share information / expertise with other groups
ü upload photographs and other file types
ü receive notifications of grant aid, funding opportunities etc.
ü be kept informed of new policies & programs
ü upload information such as meeting minutes, agendas, correspondence etc. amongst group members
ü poll the members of their organisations on topics such as the choice of date for their next meeting or the type of fundraising event to hold in the future.
Crucially, it also allows Cork County PPN to post details of important announcements, funding opportunities & upcoming events on an Events Calendar so that we can begin to minimise the number of emails we send to each PPN member.
We believe it will also be a very effective tool for posting details of Heritage Events to a wider online audience. Groups must first register with Cork County PPN.
Further information on Cork County PPN can be found at www.corkcountyppn.com You can register your group with Cork County PPN HERE. If you have any queries please contact me on one of the numbers below. Regards,
Noelle Desmond | Cork County PPN Co-ordinator | ( +353 (0)21 4285340 | ( 086 0284611