The fifth annual and biggest ever Green Ribbon campaign launches on May 1st. Thank you for your continued support in helping to inspire a national conversation about mental health and ending the stigma of mental health problems.
We hope you received your official invite to the launch of Green Ribbon 2017 in the Mansion house, Dublin on 27th April. If you haven't already registered for tickets please use the link below to Eventbrite:
If you cannot make this event there are many more ways you can support Green Ribbon Campaign. Below you will find lots of images to download and deck out your profiles and websites in support of Green Ribbon for May. If you can't download these images, they are available online at http://www.greenribbon.ie/show-your-support
Here are 9 ways you can show your support and help get the message out to your contacts:
1) Order your free ribbons online: If you would like to place an order for 50 green ribbons or more, please order here: http://bit.ly/2iZ71CI. If you would like to place an order for your workplace, please order here: http://bit.ly/2iU3Rhd Throughout May, you can pick up individual ribbons at all major Irish rail stations and at Boots stores nationwide. What we are asking people to do is simple - wear the Green Ribbon and show your support for ending the silence around mental health difficulties.
2) Add the Green Ribbon logo to your websites, pictures and correspondence:
4) Join the conversation on National Time to Talk Day Use the hashtag #TimeToTalk on the 19th of May 2017 to mark National Time to Talk Day and add your voice to the conversation to end mental health stigma. Check out the Green Ribbon Twitter account @GreenRibbonIrl and Instagram @SeeChangeIrl where our ambassadors will be leading the discussion and sharing their experiences.
5) Get a Green Ribbon banner for your own Facebook page:
9) Add a piece about the Green Ribbon campaign to your newsletters
Let's get talking about mental health this May. Support the Green Ribbon campaign.
See Change, the National Stigma Reduction Partnership has launched the fifth annual Green Ribbon Campaign, to promote open discussion of mental health during May 2017.
Throughout May, hundreds of local and national events will take place as part of the Green Ribbon national calendar. This social movement to encourage a national conversation about mental health is led by 90 partner organisations, hundreds of volunteers and an unprecedented 80 campaign ambassadors with real-life experience of mental health problems who are ready to share their own stories to help others, and end stigma.
Take part in National Time to Talk Day on Friday May 19th by simply making the time and space for a conversation about mental health with family, friends and colleagues. Join the conversation online at #TimetoTalk
Here’s our top tip for starting that conversation: You don’t have to be an expert to start talking about mental health or have all the answers. Sometimes the most helpful thing you can do is to let someone know that you are there for them and simply listen.
We often hear that we need to talk more about mental health and the simple and free Green Ribbon provides a practical way of turning that into action. The 500,000 people who will be wearing Green Ribbons this May will not only be showing their support for the campaign but also leaving the door open for conversation. For someone who might be going through a tough time, just knowing that they don't have to avoid the subject with you can make all the difference.